Subject: Lightwave 3.5 - buggy?
From: [email-masked] (Bob Mueller)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 94 22:42:27 PDT

"Glenn M. Lewis - ICD ~" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi, all.  I'm new to LightWave and have noticed that the 3.5
> version (standalone) seems to be a bit buggy.  Has anyone else noticed
> this?  Or is it just my system?  I've got an A3000 (16MHz) w/ 10Megs
> RAM, 600 Megs hard disk, and an OpalVision board.  I use the FPU
> version.
> 
> For example, whenever I click on "View:Light" in Layout, the
> screen gets trashed with horizontal stripes, and the colors get all
> messed up.  I have to go back up and reselect the screen format for it
> to close, open, and redraw the whole screen.

You know, I've had the same problem creep up.  Among other instances, it would
happen consistently when creating a preview at *exactly* the same frame # in
the preview (something like 421 out of 620).  Switching to Modeler and back
or reselecting the screen fixed the dsplay, but then I lost my preview! I
finally hit on the idea of touching "help", which redrew the screen without
blowing away my preview.

(I hope "save preview" is in the future for standalone LW)

I've tried using both the FP and non-FP versions and have found *less*
weirdness running the floating point versions of layout and modeler, but there
are some strange things that continue to occur.

bOB

                   *~                                    *~
   [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~b~~ *~ [email-masked] ~~~~~~~~~b~~  *~
    ~~~~~~ /|  *~| ~~|  *~   |  ~~O~~    ~~~~~~  /|*~  | ~~|    *~ | ~~O~~
     ~~~~ (_|_  _|   |_*~ _  |_  ~~B~~    ~~~~  (_|_  _|   |_ *~_  |_ ~~B~~
    *~////  |~~(_| ~ !_)~(_)~!_) ||||||   *~||||  |~~(_| ~ !_)~(_)~!_) \\\\\\